Thursday, April 30, 2009

"Mistakes were made."

It has become a cliche, but whenever politicians are caught in a blunder, they can be counted on to revert to the passive voice. That's to avoid saying, "So, I made the mistake." Or: "The mistake was mine." Or to suggest that someone else made the mistake.

So how did Obama's Homeland Security boss Janet Napolitano respond when she was asked about the goofy Air Force One flyover of Ground Zero? Here is the text:

NAPOLITANO: My understanding is the FAA sanctioned that, but I share that concern. I don't know how that happened and we want to get to the bottom of that. You know, mistakes were made. Mistakes shouldn't be repeated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I notice your liberal commentors are strangely silent about the Obmination of capturing control of two auto companies and conspiring to give control the the UAW, the very people who have spent decades bleeding the companies.

Now we will endure the farce of the UAW negotiating with whom(?) over their wages and benefits!

To think that I and my children have to pay for this farce makes me livid.

Margaret

DeSantis replies to Trump

 "Check the scoreboard." Follow this link:  https://fb.watch/gPF0Y6cq5P/